CLC will provide integrated library services and facilitate other cooperative projects that yield excellent quality and value to its members. The CLC will continue to strive to bring together a partnership of libraries in Central Ohio of all types to enable patrons to access and obtain high quality information resources they need to enhance and enrich their lives. The CLC will also continue to bring new technologies, new services, and new resources to our member libraries to enable the communities that they serve to achieve their economic, educational, and cultural goals. Central Ohio patrons demand more efficient, easy to use resources and services. The CLC will experiment with new models of service and resources in response to that need and to keep pace with the ever changing technology in the library environment.
- Use technology to provide the most appropriate information delivery system.
- Use technology to control cost and improve the efficiency of library operations.
- Maintain flexibility to adapt new and changing technology to meet the public's needs.
- Evaluate emerging technology for effective responsiveness to the library's needs.
- Use technology to connect to relevant sources outside the library.
- Train library staff on how to use technology to retrieve the information needed.
- Maintain CLC staff awareness of new technology via training and technical manuals etc.