Grandview Heights Public Library
The Grandview Library has served the City of Grandview Heights and Village of Marble Cliff since 1924, when it first opened its doors to the public in a room in the Grandview Heights High School. In 1936, a permanent Library building was constructed at 1685 West First Avenue, on land donated by George Cambridge Urlin, a founding father of the City, using Works Progress Administration funds.
After additions to the original structure in 1941, 1952, 1973 and 1977, and a major remodeling and construction project completed in 1989, the Library now serves local residents as well as over 40,000 registered borrowers from all over the Central Ohio area. With wireless Internet access as well as over 24 public computers, the Library is know not only for its wide collection of over 150,000 printed items and more than 20,000 audiovisual materials, but also as a source for digital services such as eBooks, eAudiobooks and premium reference tools, available both within the building or through remote online access.
The Grandview Library also serves as a community center offering free meeting rooms, and a variety of small group study rooms and a quiet reading room. Free cultural, educational and recreational programs are presented for patrons of all ages. A summer outdoor concert series is presented annually in cooperation with the City's Parks and Recreation Department, while a variety of indoor concerts, art exhibits and special events are scheduled throughout the rest of the year.
Former Grandview Library Director Carol Pelz helped establish the Central Library Consortium in 1988, of which Grandview Library is a founding member. The CLC expands the resources available to local Library patrons and facilitates sharing the cost of providing the newest in Library technologies and services. Mary Ludlum assumed the Director's position on August 1, 2008.
For more information about the Grandview Heights Public Library, please visit www.ghpl.org
- Phone 614-486-2954
Columbus, OH 43212