Pataskala Public Library
Mission Statement: The Mission of the Pataskala Public Library is to stimulate people's imaginations, connect to the online world, and help students achieve in school.
The Pataskala Public Library was founded in August, 1937, and was located in a room in the Pataskala Town Hall. The first librarian, Adah Clark, oversaw a collection of several hundred books and periodicals. In early 1938, while waiting for state aid, the library raised $160 in temporary operating funds from 83 local contributors. By April, 1938, the library was legally organized as a school district library, and requested $400 in operating funds from Licking County. By 1939, the collection had increased to 2300 items, and the library had an annual budget of just over $1,000. This included a salary of $20 per month for the librarian, less than the cost of a ticket at the Weathervane at today’s prices. By May, 1939, the library had 792 borrowers, and was averaging 24 new borrowers per month.
From a small beginning, the library has grown into a full service library with over 12,000 cardholders, and over 1900 visitors served every week. The library has over 70,000 items, with annual circulation topping 250,000.
- Phone (740) 927-9986
Pataskala, Ohio 43062